- 26 November 2018
Batteries keep your truck going
But batteries need to keep going too. You prefer a smooth starting truck and a comfortable drive – certainly during winter.
Winters are not every battery’s favorite time of the year. Cold affects its capacity and therefore some extra attention is essential. Here are some simple tips:
- Extra battery care starts with more warmth and less cold wind. So keep the batteries well-protected with some extra cover. It means less work for the battery and that is always good.
- Connections should be functioning properly. Check regularly and replace when necessary or in doubt.
- Make sure that no unnecessary power is drawn from the batteries, not even a little. Some devices may take just little power while ‘asleep’ but before you realise it the number of devices adds up and your battery is half empty.
- Keeping fully charged batteries is the best way forward, literally. Avoid too many start and stop routes. Test and replace batteries on time. Or let your DAF dealer take care.
- Keep your truck going – that’s what it is built for in the first place. But keep the batteries fully charged as well
Treasure your batteries: they are worth it!