Industry-leading fuel economy
- New 3.8-litre PACCAR engine for ‘LF City’ for urban operation
- Faster final drive ratios for lower engine rpms
- Allison automatic transmission now available on top-rated 19-tonne LF
The DAF LF offers a wide range of engines. These include the powerful four-cylinder 4.5-litre PACCAR PX-5 and the six-cylinder 6.7-litre PACCAR PX-7. Thanks to new software and optimised heat and air management, maximum torque has been increased and kicks in at lower engine speeds, which are realized by new, faster rear axle ratios. Together with the engine innovations, this results in fuel savings of up to 6%.
Large range of wheelbases
- Wide range of wheelbases up to 6.90 metres
- Allowing body lengths of more than 9 metres
- Fuel tank volumes of up to a unique 1,240 litres
With a large range of wheelbases, optimised PACCAR PX-engines and high-efficiency gearboxes, the LF is available in more variants than ever before and can be configured perfectly for any individual use.
Maximum vehicle availability
The robust engine block and cylinder head are extremely strong. They are built with a long service life, maximum reliability and low weight in mind. Depending on use, service intervals of up to 60,000 kilometres are possible. PACCAR PX engines are also designed to simplify maintenance and maximise performance at low operational cost.